June 19, 2013
Seminar - Shareholders and Partnership Agreements
May 21, 2013
Seminar - The Hub of Entrepreneurial Success
Be a Mentor - General Information
The Mentor will normally:
Guidelines and Responsibilities of Mentors
- Be a business owner, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), or other senior executive.
- Have been a business owner or CEO (or designate thereof) of a business for at least five years.
- Be willing to devote an average of two hours per month to the protégé.
- Be willing to participate in a mentoring relationship for a minimum of one year.
- Be willing to share information about his/her business experience (where appropriate) to the protégé to illustrate a point.
- The mentoring process will consist of an average of 2 hours of meeting time per month for one full year between the mentor and the protégé and will be conducted on a no- charge basis.
- The mentor’s main responsibility will be to provide guidance and assistance by offering practical information from their own experience. Whenever appropriate, the mentor will guide the protégé to the appropriate source of professional advice or assistance.
- A "Release of Liability" document will be signed at the orientation seminar to ensure no legal recourse against the mentor, protégé, Raj Manek Business Mentorship Program, advisory group, or the Saskatoon and District Chamber of Commerce.
- Initial matching of the protégé will be handled by the Program Coordinator.
- A "Mentor and Protégé Agreement" form will be signed by both the mentor and protégé to ensure that both parties understand each others expectations regarding the Raj Manek Business Mentorship Program and that both parties respect each others’ confidentiality. This form will be distributed upon commencement of the program.